2008-06-23

Cousin Rankings

You know how they say parents should never favor one child over another? Well none of you call me Daddy so what follows is my ranking of the cousins. To be clear, I'm not saying that I'm ranking my cousins in order of "who is better than who" nor am I saying that I hate anyone ranked below Mehran. All I'm saying is that if I had to choose one cousin that I had to hang out with for an entire weekend this is the order I would call them.

  1. Lindsey - A surprise #1 to be sure but she displayed in Vegas that she was up for doing anything or nothing at all. She kinda just goes with the flow. She has also shown an ability to offer insight to my various musings and she can tell a funny story.
  2. EJ - Another cousin who is down for whatever as witnessed by his willingness to play for the family softball team even though he sucks; to his credit, he is getting much better through practice.
  3. Annette - Closest cousin to me in age and I probably share more of a history with her considering we went to the same school on a few separate occasions and she only lives a couple of blocks away. She can also spot a good battery joke quicker than most.
  4. Austin - Underrated by most other cousins I think. He might be higher if I actually thought he would hang out with family. Probably should be lower down the rankings because he wouldn't.
  5. Faye - Might be the nicest of all the cousins - name calling aside. I can't recall her ever saying a mean word about another cousin (a cousin's significant other is a different story). So either she's really that nice or she likes to talk behind her cousins' backs. Either way, whether it's a false sense of security or not, it gives the impression that she has all of her cousins' backs if needed.
  6. Mehran - Hard to peg where this cousin should fall in the rankings. Definitely would have ranked higher before all his troubles started but he is getting passed that and his recent willingness to hang out with family is a plus.
  7. Oliver - Only see this guy on rare occasion and he doesn't talk all that much but when he does it's obvious that he is very smart and funny.
  8. Vanessa - Don't know Vanessa that well but I do know that she likes to have a good time and is willing to change her name in order to do so.
  9. Melanie - I know there's only a four year age difference but Mel has always seemed much more mature than I am and we don't share all that much in common. Maybe if I start my own family she will move up the rankings.
  10. Roland - Basically, this guy gets low cousin status for his near complete disregard of family (saving only his night out with Faye and Vanessa) on his first trip back home since moving out to Florida. I believe the words are "poor form."
So there you have it, don't know if these rankings are going to be updated like other rankings. Anyway feel free to debate these wholly subjective rankings or make your own rankings known in the comments. And I'll totally understand if you all rank me last for doing this.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments: to “ Cousin Rankings


  •  

    No one feel bad cuz I wrote this up real quick. There were a lot of ties but I didn't want to complicate the order.

    #1 Wayne
    Wayne is very talkative and loud in a good way. I find him easy to get along with and we hang out more often lately, mainly because of softball or having to go to mama's for some reason. I enjoy getting batting tips from him because they actually help. Good drinking partner as well, and an even better Rock Band drummer.
    #2 Annette
    Annette is cool, keeps it real. Ranking high also since the kids would likely be around too and the kids are at a great age to play with. EJ loves the kids.
    #3 Austin
    Good conversationalist. We have similar interests and are close in age. We live close so we won't have to drive too far, but we really never hang out though outside of family events and softball.
    #4 Mehran
    Mehran is very insightful on a lot of things and always has a good attitude. We must make up for lost time while he was gone.
    #5 Lindsey
    Like Wayne said, she is outgoing and usually down for whatever. Although I would only like to hang out in a non-club / dance floor setting. She knows interesting places like the Hofbrahaus in Vegas and she can show me around San Diego and TJ (her home away from home).
    #6 Oliver
    I think this fool is a lot smarter than me and possibly everyone else. He will go far and see us less and less if he goes to med school. I think we should hang out so he doesn't forget me when he's a ballin' doctor. I'd like to meet his girlfriend too.
    #7 Faye
    Faye knows how to have a good time and is very nice and considerate. Unfortunately, hanging out with her would mean hanging out with Jason too haha. Just kidding. Thankfully, Faye and Jason are not an annoying couple and are really fun.
    #8 Vanessa
    Wild and crazy kid. Good times for sure with her and whoever new guy she's with haha. Although, I would eventually get tired of pretending to be her older brother who just out of prison. Of all the cousins, she might be the one able to hold her alcohol more than me, but who knows.
    #9 Daryll
    Daryll is low on the list because he's been in a land far far away. I would bump him up if we were to play basketball together all weekend (if he still got his shot/moves).
    #10 Joni
    Joni is very chill and quiet and we haven’t really talked much, but she has a great sense of humor. I had fun when she and Karen visited me in Berkeley.
    #11 Melanie
    I agree that Melanie is the most mature, but that’s not a bad thing. I think it’d be fun to learn some cultural dancing sometime from her. Anyone else interested? We could perform at the next family get together haha.
    #12 Roland
    Oh snap I almost forgot about this fool haha. Just kidding. Rol would be higher if I could keep up with his luxurious lifestyle haha. He has a dope dog and we share a love of Jordan’s and Transformers.


  •  

    This is Sonia; I am forced to post comments under Darryll because Wayne removed the ability for me to post under my own name or account? Question for Faye. I currently hold a "significant other" status, does this mean you talk about me? Just so everyone knows, I can be fun to hang out with, but it's tough when we live 1500 miles apart :( . EJ, I'm sure Darryll would play basketball every weekend if we lived in L.A; god knows he needs the practice. This week his team lost their third game of the season with a score of 29 to 89. He is also the head coach for Stephanie's basketball team that lost today's game 8 to 41. I almost forgot my softball tragedy from Monday night the score was 2 to 15 and it cost me $75 worth of liquor! The good news is drinks were only $2.00 each. I look forward to seeing you guys next week!


  •  

    Don't know what the hell you're talking about. I have the settings so that anyone with an OpenID, Gmail/Google account, or a Blogger account can post a comment. And yes, all significant others are talked about.