2008-03-04

Airborne

I love Airborne and like to use it whenever I have it around and find myself with sick kids or feel a cold coming on. Anyway, if you've used the stuff you may be interested in the following.

In 2006, ABC News discovered that the "clinical study" that the company had been touting as proof that its product cured colds was not really very clinical, nor much of a study.

That report sparked a class-action lawsuit. Now, while not admitting any wrongdoing, the company has agreed to settle the lawsuit, and it will offer Airborne customers a refund on sales, paying out $23 million.

You can claim your refund by filling out a form at this Web site. Airborne will refund the full price of all Airborne products for which you have a proof of purchase.

But if you don't have a receipt, you can still get a refund on up to six products. The company will give you $10.50 per box of Seasonal Airborne, $2.75 per box of Gummi Airborne, and $6.99 for all other Airborne products.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments: to “ Airborne


  •  

    Although I've always been skeptical of its study, I have used this product several times (especially in the Philippines) as a 'pick me up' and it does seem to help. Doesn't taste that bad either. That's really cool you can claim without a receipt (who saves proof of purchases anyway). I saw the form, but doubt I'll be motivated enough to fill it out just for the $, even though 6 seasonal boxes = $63!!