2008-01-02

Mud Run


If you didn't catch this item about The World Famous Mud Run from the sidebar or my Google Reader page then shame on you. Here are the essentials:

The Mud Run is a challenging 10K run with hills, tire obstacles, river crossings, two 5-foot walls with mud on both sides, tunnel crawl, slippery hill climb, and the final 30-foot mud pit. Along the course there will be 6 water points with personnel staged at each. This is the most fun you can have running a 10K!
There's also a $50 registration fee and the race dates are June 7th, 8th, and the 14th. Registration is open to the first 4,000 for each race. LAist says it fills up by the end of January.

Why do this? Well I think it's great idea as a fitness goal that will help motivate me to keep a few of my New Year's Resolutions. Every time I tire while doing cardio, the mere thought of "Suicide Hill" will make me pick up the pace. Every time I think of passing on bench pressing, the idea that I'll have to push myself up to get my face out of mud will keep me from ending my workout early. Plus, how cool would it be to make it through an obstacle course with one of the obstacles named "Suicide Hill?"

Anyway, you can race in teams of 5 so I'm trying to do it that way, but if we end up with a number more than 5 that doesn't break down into teams of 5 we can all race together regardless and make sure each of us finishes. Lindsey and Austin have already committed. I think I've got another friend who will commit by this weekend and Lindsey says she also has a friend willing to join up in the team if needed. So that might be 5 already but if anyone wants to join let me know so we can all register for the same race day. Also, Lindsey says we can crash at her place for the entire weekend so maybe we can make it a weekend trip to San Diego.

So not only will you motivate yourself to get fit by signing up for this but it promises to be fun a lot of ways too. So stop being a prissy bitch and commit to this already! Seriously, let me know soon because I want to register by the end of this weekend.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



5 comments: to “ Mud Run


  •  

    mud run = mud butt


  •  

    http://crossfitweekendwarriors.typepad.com/san_diego_crossfit_weeken/2007/06/tips_for_the_mu.html


  •  

    instead of the mud run we should do the Disneyland Family Fun Run 5K and Kids’ Races onAugust 30, 2008

    COURSE DESCRIPTION
    The Family Fun Run 5K course takes place entirely on Disneyland® Resort property taking runners through Disneyland® Park and Disney’s California Adventure® Park. The Kids’ Races will take place inside Disney’s California Adventure® Park around the Paradise Pier area. The Kids’ Races are broken up into the following age groups; Diaper Dash, 1-3 years old, 4-6 years old and 7-8 years old.

    ENTRY FEES
    Disneyland® Family Fun Run 5K - $40

    Entry into the Family Fun Run 5K includes:

    Race Registration
    Commemorative Themed Race Shirt
    Themed Finishers Medallion
    Disneyland® Family Fun Run Kids’ Races - $10

  • Anonymous

     

    To mejay :
    "Nerd Alert!!!"


  •  

    I have done the MudRun 20 times.
    I usually triple up in June. :-)
    Highly recommended.
    Bob

    San Diego Racers