2008-02-14

From The Reader

[T]he company is redesigning hundreds of restaurants to encourage customers to hang around like they do at Starbucks. We're so lucky: The first McDonald's in the nation to get feng-shui-ed is in Hacienda Heights... where "earth tones and exotic fauna" will replace the former Hi-C red and electric yellow palate. There will also be a McCafe, an upscale coffee bar, and exterior water elements symbolizing "life and relaxation."
Is there anyone here who would even consider hanging out at one of these newly renovated McDonald's?

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments: to “ From The Reader


  •  

    Even though I eat McDonalds about once a year, if that, I think that I would just love the new renovations. So are prices for the food going to go up also because it is more trendy etc. I think that all restaurants should renovate their places more feng-shui friendly!


  •  

    I don't think prices are going to go up on existing menu items like the Big Mac. But I can see how they could and would charge a high price for coffee and other items sold at the McCafe. And then if that's successful they could use that as an opportunity to transform the McDonald's brand completely.

    It would be like Taco Bell in Demolition Man.


  •  

    I must admit I get a craving for McDonald's breakfast (hash browns are bomb) once in awhile, but I usually take it to go. The change in decor wouldn't influence whether I'd hang out there since it'd probably still smell like McDonalds. Maybe I'd chill at the McCafe if it smells like good coffee and had free wi-fi haha